Retail Sales Consultant (Part Time)
We are looking for a personable and energetic individual who thrives in a busy retail environment, prides themselves on engaging with people and providing an unparalleled customer experience.
You will join a small, motivated team of individuals who work closely together to deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, willingness to learn and ability to interact with our lovely customers. A proven history in retail sales and a genuine passion for meeting new people and understanding their needs are essential to this role.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Welcome and assist customers visiting our store. This includes the advice and sales of lighting and sofas plus handling customer enquiries via phone and email.
- Merchandising and curation of lighting and furnishings across our store. We’re after someone with an eye for detail and flair to ensure our displays are kept to a high standard.
- Supporting other key staff within the business including the Lighting Design Team and online.
- Coordinate with our retail sales team to provide exceptional and consistent customer service
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience within a busy retail or sales environment is essential.
- Great customer service skills (face to face, telephone and online).
- Proficient multitasker with a keen eye for quality and detail.
- Creative flair and interest in merchandising/displays.
- Confident IT and numeracy skills.
- Enthusiasm for homes and interiors (preferred but not essential).
- Ability to quickly absorb product knowledge and interpret customers’ needs and requirements.
- A sense of urgency and purpose.
In return, we provide a truly great working environment with a warm, friendly team of people. We have genuine family values and almost 40 years experience in the lighting industry. Easy, free parking and located in Topsham, opposite Darts Farm.
Competitive salary is DOE and includes the benefits of working with a well run, organised and profitable independent business.
To apply, please email a cover letter and copy of your CV to email@example.com