Lighting is one of the least understood aspects of design but has one of the most transformational effects by creating the finishing touch for every space. Specialists in lighting, the team at Amos Lighting + Home offers a bespoke service to help you achieve the maximum impact that inspirational lighting can have.
With the ability to enhance and illuminate, our creative lighting designers provide on-trend techniques, knowledge, and experience to transform your individual space.
Our technical Lighting Design Service is appropriate for clients undertaking sizable or detailed projects, usually involving an architect or design team. Working closely with you from the early stages of your project, we help develop creative and truly original lighting – an integral and long lasting feature of your home.
Beginning with a relaxed conversation, we want to learn about your project and understand your vision of the completed space. We will identify any challenging spaces to be lit e.g. vaulted ceilings, dark corridors, underground rooms and discuss features or artwork you may choose to showcase.
Our technical Lighting Design involves the following service and support:
- Informal meeting to understand the scope of your project.
- A detailed brief to establish timescales, space planning, materials, style and expected outcome.
- A bespoke, technical lighting plan with drawing revisions to suit the project.
- Use of the latest LED lighting and concealed innovative lighting techniques.
- A detailed specification of light fittings to reflect your unique design.
- Expert guidance on the creative use of light including feature pendant lighting.
- A schedule for architectural lighting, wall lights, pendants and lamps.
- On-site and technical support from beginning to end.
Once appointed we’ll develop a comprehensive CAD lighting plan for your project. Providing a clear key, we will indicate the circuits for fitting placement, switching information, exact locations and our recommendations on dimming and controls. Up to 3 revisions to your plans are also included within our fees.
We will provide a quotation for fittings tailored to your pre-agreed budget. The quote and schedule of fittings includes product specification, room location and corresponding light circuits. We’ll manage the process, ensuring light fittings arrive in good time and clearly labelled for ease of installation.
Site visits are an essential part of complex projects, and we usually recommend a minimum of two visits to support your contractors.